Thursday, April 12, 2007

Well....

Okay, beacuse Laura has read this blog and I feel the need to explain what happened to the wedding present knitting project (only eight months ago) and because I feel comfortable with the fact that Laura will more then likely laugh at this, I'm going to admit to the calamity! I was attempting to knit a neat felted bag of blue for my friend that loves blue and knitting. After knitting the sack protion of the bag I tossed it in the washer to felt and when I took it out found that it had shrunk WAAYYYY more then anticipated. Yes I know I should have knitted a test swatch, but I'm too much of and engineer to do that! Anyrate what I got was an oblong bowl looking thing and thought well I'll give it to her anyway maybe she'll find a use for it and I filled it with money I figured at the very least she'd laugh at it and say "what the heck is this" which would then be followed by "yeah money." And becasue I havn't yet learned to enjoy my knitting desasters I took no pictures.

3 comments:

Princess Blogonoke said...

THAT WAS FROM YOU?!

WHAT THE HECK MAN?! I ASKED A TON OF PEOPLE "WHO IS THIS KORBA PERSON? WHY DID THEY GIVE ME A FELTED BOWL? IS THIS SOME SORT OF WEIRD WEDDING TRADITION? The money is neat.

I was pretty sure it was from an MTU person, because of the way the money was folded (into a geodesic dome, or whatever) but the best guess of who it was from that I came up with was Karen and Ben, since Karen is a knitter and folding up money into a dome seems like something Ben could do.

I should've known. Now that I know, it's clear that all roads lead to kfalls.

You'll be happy to know I do use the felted bowl. It doesn't sit up right, the sides fall in on themselves, but it's perfect for sitting on my dresser and holding all sorts of eyeshadow (yes, I have that much eyeshadow).

Amanda said...

*rolling on the floor laughing*

I guess I wasn't one of the "ton of people" you asked. Because yeah, it was definitely her. She also had an interesting time trying to get the money to fold the way she wanted it to.

That's just too funny....

kfalls said...

Glad it was useful, and I must get better at signing my name so people knoe who to blam!